Spam filter is a program that is used to detect unsolicited or unwanted emails and prevent those messages from getting to your inbox. The spam filter looks for certain criteria to make a judgment. It scans particular words in the subject line of the email, suspicious word patterns, or word frequency in the email body, as well as the attachments to block spam emails into your inbox.
The Email-Borne Threats:
On average, an office worker receives about 121 emails a day and among them, about sixty are spam emails.
The scary fact is that 5 out of every 60 emails can be phishing emails or emails containing malicious attachment including VIRUS, TROJAN or WORMS.
In case your system gets infected, some viruses are capable of hijacking your system and automatically send emails and infect the whole company.
Why Do You Need A Spam Filter?
The email spam filter is an effective solution to stop unwanted information, phishing emails, or malicious attachments. If your business has a proper email filter, you are able to increase productivity by avoiding information leaks and keeping your business network safe.
Barracuda is the #1 spam filter and firewall in the world.
- Filters 99% of the potential threats before they reach your inbox.
- Provides inbound/outbound filtering with data leak prevention;
- The advanced firewall protects against all email-borne threats including malware, spam, phishing, and DOS attach.
- The Email spooling feature stores all inbound/outbound email in the cloud server for 72 hours.
- Free backup for all important information for additional safety.
Pulse Tech as a professional IT service provider, recommends a spam filter for protection and highly recommends Barracuda.